- Find all frames, lay all out on the floor
- Change your mind a million times about the art you want to show, the way you want to lay it out.
- Trace each frame on newsprint, determine how far down the nail will hang and mark it. Then cut each piece out for about a million hours. Write down the code name of each art piece on its piece of newspaper so you don’t lose track (I did).
- Start taping into position (and you have to keep washing your damn hands or bloody newsprint gets on the wall). This step also requires a lot of grunting, as you have to measure 2″ on each side, which one would think is relatively easy.
- Hammer in the nails, start hanging.*
- Tear away newsprint underneath, and yay! Hopefully your frames are a bit more substantial than mine. The frames are a bit flimsy and their hangers are crap – they’re always going crooked. Otherwise, it looks very neat in real life (although the photo doesn’t look it).
*Don’t use the little triangle thing it comes with to hang. Get hangers (as you see above, the triangles don’t keep the frames very straight).